Perth Diamond Way Centre
Since 2017, the Perth Diamond Way Buddhist Centre has been at its permanent home iat 34 Prout Way in Bibra Lake.
Our evenings make it easy for anyone to learn Buddhist meditation in Perth. The evenings usually start with a cup of tea in the house for those who arrive a little early. Most nights, an experienced Buddhist practitioner then gives a 10 minute introduction to a fundamental topic, such as Buddhism in the West or Meditation. The aim of the talks is always on what can be applied in daily life and what is useful to know to support our meditation practice. There is the opportunity to ask questions to clarify what was talked about. On Wednesdays, the program is longer and the details can be seen below and in the printable program.
The first Wednesday of the month is designed for beginners. On any evening, new people will also be given a simple introduction -- you're welcome to start any day!
Then we meditate together for about 25 minutes. We do the same guided meditation on the 16th Karmapa that is done in Diamond Way centres worldwide. This meditation is easy to learn and practice, but is very profound and has a cumulative effect on the mind, leading to greater clarity, calmness and joyfulness. The meditation is guided, so you just need to follow along.
- Monday 7:30pm - Short talk (10 minutes) and a guided meditation
- Wednesday 7:30pm - Program varies, see below, always has a guided meditation
- 1st Wednesday of the month: Introductory lecture for beginners (1 hour), then a guided meditation
- 2nd Wednesday of the month: Buddhist movie or recorded teaching (30 min - 1 hour), then a guided meditation
- 3rd Wednesday of the month: Lecture (1 hour) on a Buddhist topic, then a guided meditation
- 4th (and 5th) Wednesday of the month: Short talk (10 minutes) and a guided meditation
- Sunday 5:30pm – Guided meditation at 5:30pm, occasionally a short talk beforehand
We also organise lectures and events by local and visiting Buddhist teachers. View the lecture topics in our January to March Program.
Our program is suitable for beginners and there is plenty of time for individual questions. Meditation cushions are provided and there is plenty of free off-street parking. Our regular program is free, however we are grateful for donations ($5 recommended).
We hope you are keeping safe throughout these extraordinary times. As per Western Australian Government Department of Health guidelines, we have some modified procedures that you can read about at https://diamondway.org.au/perth/covid19.html. We also kindly request that you do not come if you are feeling unwell.
For any enquiries please call us on 0439 611 392 or use our contact form.
Sign up to our mailing list